Prisons in California and all over the U.S. are filled with non-violent people serving long sentences for drug crimes. Many of these people are addicted to drugs, but prosecutors imprison them rather than try to get them the help they need. The War on Drugs is far from over.
The Bellflower drug crime defense attorneys at The Law Office of Stein & Markus represent people accused of everything from large-scale drug trafficking to simple possession of controlled substances. Our founding attorneys’ unique blend of defense and prosecution experience helps us fight drug charges effectively because we know how the state argues these cases. You can rely on our Southern California law firm to be in your corner fighting, working to find weaknesses in the case against you.
What Drug Charges Are You Facing?
The Law Office of Stein & Markus defends clients across Southern California who are facing nearly any type of drug charge in state court or federal court. Just a few examples of felonies and misdemeanors we handle are:
- Drug possession
- Drug possession with intent to sell
- Selling drugs
- Drug trafficking
- Prescription drug crimes (prescription fraud, selling illegal prescriptions, etc.)
- Importing and transporting drugs
- Manufacturing or cultivating drugs
- Conspiracy to possess or distribute narcotics
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Pursuing the Right Defense Strategy Against Drug Charges
Our defense strategies are always based on facts and evidence, and we make choices based on what is best for you, our client. We’ll retain expert witnesses whenever necessary and will advocate aggressively to protect your rights against overzealous prosecutors.
You should never give up and never plead guilty without talking to our Bellflower team first. We may uncover a strong defense that can help you, such as:
- Unlawful search and seizure of your property (4th Amendment violation)
- Mistakes in the crime lab while processing evidence
- Breaks in the chain of custody
- Unlawful surveillance
- Illegal traffic stop and subsequent search of your vehicle
We Have Experience With All Types of Drug Offenses
Our Bellflower lawyers have more than 75 years of combined defense and prosecution experience. During that time, we have successfully handled cases involving the entire range of drugs:
- Schedule I drugs: Considered to have no medical use (mescaline, heroin, LSD)
- Schedule II drugs: High risk of abuse but may have a valid medical use (amphetamines, methamphetamines, opium, cocaine, methadone)
- Schedule III drugs: Less risky than Schedule II drugs but still present a risk of abuse (ketamine, depressants, anabolic steroids)
- Schedule IV drugs: Slight risk of abuse and many accepted medical uses (prescription drugs, sedatives, tranquilizers, Clonazepam)
- Schedule V drugs: Very minor risk of dependency (Tylenol with Codeine)
What Our Clients Say
The very best. A great person of honor, integrity, compassion and tenacity!!!!
Mr. Markus!! Words cannot describe how grateful and appreciative we are to you and Andrew for working so hard towards my release! Forgive the delay of this message. These past 2 days have been a whirlwind of emotions and somewhat of a blur, yet it’s been indescribably humbling. I have a DIFFERENT outlook on life than I did 20 years ago. I plan to excel in my life, marriage and in all aspects of my new journey, not cutting corners or risking anything that would jeopardize my 2nd chance at life. Thanks to you I’ve been given the opportunity of a lifetime (literally)! My gratitude towards Stein & Markus is incomprehensible! Thank you once again! We will be posting on Facebook … about your outstanding work! Have a wonderful day! Forever Grateful! God Bless!
Free Consultation With Our California Drug Crime Attorneys
The most important thing to do if you’ve been charged with a drug crime is to retain an experienced California defense lawyer. The attorneys at The Law Office of Stein & Markus in Bellflower will give you an honest, up-front evaluation of your case and find practical solutions that are in your best interests.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation where you can find out what you’re facing and how we can help. To get yours, please call (562) 866-9762 or contact us online today.